Introduction to Certification
COFETEL’s full name is ComisiónFederaldeTelecomunicaciones, the Mexican Federal Telecommunications Commission. It is both a certification name a regulatory agency. All access to Mexico’s public telecommunications network radio equipment (including most digital products) need to be recognized. The approval is divided into temporary long-term.
In September 2013, the Mexican Federal Telecommunications Commission COFETEL was replaced by the Mexican Federal Telecommunications Institute (IFETEL, Federal Telecommunications Institute). Since then, IFETEL will be responsible for the testing type approval procedures required for all imported equipment of Mexico Telecom, COFETEL no longer exists. For the Mexico Telecom type approval that has been completed by COFETEL, IFETEL will retain the same numbering system of the parent mo the same series of approval certificate numbers.
All access to Mexico’s public telecommunications network radio equipment (including most digital products) require approval.
1. The customer submits samples ination to the certification body
2. Send samples to the qualified laboratory for testing, issue a test report after the test is completed
3. The qualification issuing agency reviews the test report issues an IFTEL certificate
COFETEL does not have a special logo. All products approved under the IFETEL system should be marked as follows:
1. For the whole machine wireless products, mark “IFETEL:xxxxxxxxxxxxx”
2. For host products containing approved modules, mark “ThisproductcontainsanApprovedmodule,MoNo.xxxx,IFETELNo.xxxxxxxxxxxxx”
Technical ination: voltage frequency AC120V/127V/220V, 60Hz
Is it matory: matory
Certificate validity period: no validity period
Requirements for factory inspection: None
Requirements for certificate holders: a local agency company is required